Restoration Housing offers three distinct programs as part of our mission to to create and assist in the development of quality affordable housing through the preservation of existing, historic buildings.
Our first program is in housing development, which is our primary focus and involves the restoration of blighted and vacant properties throughout Roanoke’s Historic Districts in order to provide affordable housing opportunities to families in need.
Community Development Initiatives
Our second program is in the development of Community Impact Projects, which provide affordable rental options for nonprofit organizations seeking to expand services in low to moderate income neighborhoods and lacking the capital to do it.
Our final program involves consulting work with mission-minded developers, nonprofits, and government entities in the following work:
- Part I, II, and III Historic Tax Credit applications for both state and federal offices
- Development feasibility studies
- Consulting for Design Guideline and Architectural Review Board compliance
- Section 106 applications
- Community Impact Measurements
- Urban Design Pattern Books
- Consulting for Urban Design and Historic Preservation development work