What We Do
Restoration Housing’s main objective is to provide affordable housing opportunities through the redevelopment of existing buildings within Roanoke’s Historic Districts. We currently have two projects within the West End of Roanoke, both of which are turn-of-the-century homes that had been in severe disrepair. The second objective of our work is to reduce blight and vacancy, which ultimately leads to increased property values throughout the neighborhood as well as reduced vandalism and crime.
Restoration Housing’s development works on a unique model, which combines historic tax credits, in-house schematic drafting, tax credit syndication, and construction management. Ultimately, our developments are intended to enhance both timeless buildings and sustainable neighborhoods.
Each housing project offers affordable rents, whether they be workforce (slightly below Market Rate) or low-income (60% of the Area Median Income). Each project’s affordability index is based on the needs of the surrounding neighborhood.
Our non-profit development work also includes the following additional services:
- Site identification/control
- Proforma analysis, predevelopment costs and professional fees, sourcing investor tax credit equity
- Submission of all funding and grant applications
- Submission of Historic Part I, Part II, and Part III applications
- In addition to providing development services, Restoration Housing provides asset management, lease-up, and maintenance services.
For rental inquiries or for more information, please contact us at 540-797-0819.